Flower Pigment Science: Weekly Science Project Idea/Home Science Activity Spotlight
Use paper chromatography to explore the colors that make up flowers!
In this week's spotlight: a pair of flower power projects, perfect for spring and Mother's Day! Paper chromatography is used to help separate a solution into its components. In these hands-on science activities, paper chromatography lets students see what makes up the "colors" of flowers. Are all red flowers the same in terms of pigment? Pluck a few petals and find out!
- Springtime Science: Exploring the Pigments in Red Flowers (activity)
- Reveal the Red: Exploring the Chemistry of Red Flower Pigments (full Science Buddies Project Idea)
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- 15 Science Activities to Make and Give for Father's Day
- 10 Science Kits for Summer Science Experiments and Discovery
- Imagine Your Story - STEM Activities for Storytellers of All Ages!
- 18 Science Activities for Mother's Day
- 13 STEM Gifts You'll Feel Good about Giving
- Ready, Set, Go! (Awesome Summer Science Experiments)
- Carnival STEM (Awesome Summer Science Experiments)
- Wacky Water Science (Awesome Summer Science Experiments)