how to buld a 3d environment for baseball

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).
anishpathak

how to buld a 3d environment for baseball

Post by anishpathak »

i want to make a 3d real time baseball game how shud i start what software or programming language shud i use and what exactly i shud do u can also tell me ur email id so we can get in touch pls tell me from scratch how to begin with this
anish
davidkallman
Former Expert

Re: how to buld a 3d environment for baseball

Post by davidkallman »

Hi anish!

Generally the programming language you use is based what programming languages are available on the platform where the program (your game) is going to run. Since execution speed is an issue with real-time programs, C/C++ (if it's available for the platform) is a good bet for the bulk of the program. C/C++ allows programming close to platform level at a rapid execution pace.

To gain maximal speed, some time critical parts of the application may need to programmed in the platform's assembly language.

P.S.: Note: the above is not the definitive answer for all platforms; there may be other programming used for real-time programming on a particular platform. I mention C/C++ since it's most common.
Cheers!

Dave
anishpathak

blender is it good enuf which is best in business

Post by anishpathak »

hi dave thanks for reply please tell me about blender can i use it for making my game fully functional
anish
davidkallman
Former Expert

Re: blender is it good enuf which is best in business

Post by davidkallman »

Hi anishpathak,

I don't understand. What do mean by "blender?"
Cheers!

Dave
anishpathak

try www.blender.org

Post by anishpathak »

try the given given link pls
anish
MelissaB

Post by MelissaB »

I suspect he means this: http://www.blender.org/. Anishpathak, you may have meant to provide a link to Blender, but you didn't.
Louise
Former Expert

Post by Louise »

MelissaB wrote:I suspect he means this: http://www.blender.org/. Anishpathak, you may have meant to provide a link to Blender, but you didn't.
Blender has user forums too. If you have specific questions about Blender, you should probably ask there. Click on the communities tab.

They also have tutorials and links to other sites that relate to blender.

It looks like you can certainly create a game in blender- some of the user comments say they did use it to make a game.

Louise
davidkallman
Former Expert

Re: blender

Post by davidkallman »

Hi anishpathak, MelissaB and Louise, thanks for the blender pointers.

blender does appear to a fairly complete environment. I can't say how complete, since I have no experience with either blender or the 3d baseball application. The issue about completeness is whether functionality needs to be added to blender. If so, how much, and how easy is that to do.

Additionally, typical game issues are speed and size. anishpathak, you may try prototyping a critical portion of your game to see if it meets your speed requirements. Size requirements, if you have any, will probably need to be estimated.
Cheers!

Dave
anishpathak

thanks can any one tell me what graphgics library is

Post by anishpathak »

pls tell mewhat a graphics library is and how shud i start learning c++ and can u tell me an easy and sure book to be a master in c++ also if any downbloadble from net
anish
davidkallman
Former Expert

Re: graphics library/c++

Post by davidkallman »

Hi anish,

A library is a set of pre-built library functions that you call within a program that you're writing to perform a set of functions so you don't have to write the functions from scratch.

Not surprisingly, a graphics library handles graphics functions, such as drawing circles and establishing axes. Sounds like blender, mentioned previously, is a graphics library.

In terms of programming languages, the two determining factors are:
1) what languages are available on the platform where you're programming the game.
2) what programming languages does the graphics library you've selected support.

Re: learning a language, I would suggest going to a local computer store and seeing what they have in stock. A second choice is going to a local bookstore and seeing what they have in stock.

Re downloading, did you mean downloading a book or downloading a compiler?
Cheers!

Dave
anishpathak

i meant a e book

Post by anishpathak »

i need a ebook to study can other people join me who have good knowledge of animation coz i think i can really make this projecta big commercial sucess if i have some real good people can we form a community for such over here
anish
Louise
Former Expert

Re: i meant a e book

Post by Louise »

anishpathak wrote:i need a ebook to study can other people join me who have good knowledge of animation coz i think i can really make this projecta big commercial sucess if i have some real good people can we form a community for such over here
This forum is for student working on school projects. The experts here won't help with commerical projects. You best bet is to look at the forums associated with whatever language you choose to program in. Again, using Blender as an example, not only are there user forums, but many, many pages of tutorials. Also, follow whatever rules are associated with the forum you choose to post on. Don't post simple questions to boards for experts, don't post commerical projects to non-commerical boards, etc. That said, unless you know the language pretty well, I don't think you are going to have much luck finding people to work for you. Good people have their own ideas and projects...

Louise

Return to “Math & Computer Science Sponsored by Hyperion Solutions Corp”