I need a question

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).
jd100293

I need a question

Post by jd100293 »

I need a question for my science fair project. I am doing something with bottoms down AI and autonomous vehicle control
Louise
Former Expert

Re: I need a question

Post by Louise »

jd100293 wrote:I need a question for my science fair project. I am doing something with bottoms down AI and autonomous vehicle control
I'm not a computer scientist, but I'll give you are few things to think about.

First, are there specific things you have to do to pass the science fair? For example, if you have to have 3 independent variables to test, the question is different than if the only goal is a working vehicle. You should check out the guidelines and post back here.

What are _your_ goals for the vehicle? (Is it supposed to go to a certain target? Are you going to challenge it by putting in objects to avoid? Etc.)

How will the AI accomplish these goals? Are there different ways you could implement say, "object avoidance"? Can you code both ways? Then your question could be "Will the X or Y strategy be better for object avoidance?" and you can easily test by sending your vehicle through an obstacle course and counting the hits.

Some other things you may want to consider- fastest time to target, shortest time to completely cover an area (important for cleaning robots or minesweeping robots). Anyway, you should decide what goal you find interersting and then try to generate a question. If you have a specific goal, but need help with the question, then post back with the goal.

Louise

Return to “Math & Computer Science Sponsored by Hyperion Solutions Corp”