Judging Criteria

This forum is dedicated to students preparing for ISEF. Experts will answer your questions and provide advice based on their first hand ISEF experience. Talk to other students who will be attending and prepare together.

Moderator: berkeleywebs

Trader
Project Question: Role of AI-2 in Biofilm Formation of L. monocytogenes
Project Due Date: Janurary 1, 2010 (2 months!!)
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Judging Criteria

Post by Trader »

When the judges are looking for "creative ability", in what ways does "creative and original analysis and interpretation" (as outlined by judging guidelines) mean?

I've only interpreted my data in a certain way, but what can I change in my presentation or emphasize more that makes it a more original/creative analysis?

I also saw that 30 of the points is based on "skill", and the judges would ask questions such as "does the finalist/team have the required lab, computation, observational/design skils to obtain supporting data? Where was the project performed? Where did the equipment come from?"

Does this mean that projects that aren't as sophisticated and/or does not have a research setting would have a more difficult time scoring the same points as those teams who have been in those research settings and under the occasional aid of a professor in the area?

Thank you so much! I know its a bit last minute.
Trader - scientist wannabe =)
davidkallman
Former Expert

Re: Judging Criteria

Post by davidkallman »

Hi Trader,

Please take a look at:

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/mentorin ... tips.shtml

It and its Related Links should answer your questions. If you have additional questions, please let us know.

Thanks.
Cheers!

Dave

Return to “Intel ISEF Preparation”