Need help!!!!!!!!!!

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering
thebrick

Need help!!!!!!!!!!

Post by thebrick »

My project is what colors do orange, red, and green change to when used under a black light. My question is though, how do I know if I am plagerising someone elses project? :?:
tdaly
Former Expert
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Plagerism

Post by tdaly »

thebrick,

It is quite possible that you may be duplicating another person's work. However, one thing that is key to science is the replication of another person's work to make sure that there conclusions and observations are correct. This is called peer review. Just make sure you don't exactly copy another persons procedure and materials. Also, be sure to give credit where credit is due, by having a bibliography!
All the best,
Terik
shijun

Post by shijun »

Also, performing an experiment that has been done before in a new and innovative way is fine too! Be sure to do enough background research on the topic to understand what has been done before and how you can use your own creativity to give the experiment a new twist! I agree with Terik that citing sources properly is the key when it comes to giving credit to others.

Shijun
Science Buddies Staff

Return to “Physical Science”