XuryaX
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:29 am

EcoCity - Alternate Sources of Energy & Sewage Treatment

Postby XuryaX » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:02 am

I have been working on
EcoCity - Alternate Sources of Energy & Sewage Treatment.

I have Figured out how i can make Solar Panel for, Solar plant & a Windmill to work.

Solar Panel - Using Glass & painiting it with glass colour & then making it glow with Some kinda light under it.

Windmill - Motor :wink:

But i Havent Figured out how to show a bit of working in these following-:

    Hydroelectricity Plant
    Sewage Treatment Plant
    Biogas plant

& i had a City Plan but that was very conjusted. Please help me & please teach me electrical works too , to make the project work...

In the City , There would be

    Housing Apartments - Buildings
    Parks
    School
    River
    CNG Refilling Station
    Hydroelectric Plant
    Sewage Treatment Plant
    Biogas Plant
    & any other thing that would suite a city



I will make a model. Not small. Moderate Size.
I will tell you the Size soon.

THNX
XuryaX

Louise
Former Expert
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:17 pm

Re: EcoCity - Alternate Sources of Energy & Sewage Treat

Postby Louise » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:43 am

XuryaX wrote:I have been working on
EcoCity - Alternate Sources of Energy & Sewage Treatment.

I have Figured out how i can make Solar Panel for, Solar plant & a Windmill to work.

Solar Panel - Using Glass & painiting it with glass colour & then making it glow with Some kinda light under it.

Windmill - Motor :wink:

But i Havent Figured out how to show a bit of working in these following-:

    Hydroelectricity Plant
    Sewage Treatment Plant
    Biogas plant

& i had a City Plan but that was very conjusted. Please help me & please teach me electrical works too , to make the project work...

In the City , There would be

    Housing Apartments - Buildings
    Parks
    School
    River
    CNG Refilling Station
    Hydroelectric Plant
    Sewage Treatment Plant
    Biogas Plant
    & any other thing that would suite a city


I will make a model. Not small. Moderate Size.
I will tell you the Size soon.

THNX
XuryaX


You could maybe use a small aquarium pump to flow water through the sewage treatment plant and the hydro-electric plant. As long as everything is made of plastic, I don't think having a small amount of water will hurt your model.

Oh, and solar panels don't glow. That is the whole point- they take light and turn it in to electricity. The opposite, turning electricity in to light (glowing) is an LED or lightbulb.


I don't know anything about biogass, so cannot help there.

Louise

XuryaX
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:29 am

Postby XuryaX » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:30 am

when it takes sunlight , does not it shine / glow??

Louise
Former Expert
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:17 pm

Postby Louise » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:22 am

XuryaX wrote:when it takes sunlight , does not it shine / glow??


It certainly doesn't glow (glow= produces light). Ideally, it should not shine (shine= reflecting incoming light) either, since the point is that the maximum amount of light should go in to producing electricity, not bouncing off as a reflections. Usually solar cells have some sort of glass coating to keep them safe... you may see a reflection (shine) just like you might see a reflection from a glass window. It isn't the point though, and usually a lot of care is taken to minimize any reflections.

Here is a picture of a typical solar panel I found on the web.
Image


No glowing.
Louise

XuryaX
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:29 am

Postby XuryaX » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:46 am

ok,
But is there ne way. I found a model of a generator using electromagnets. Surely i cannot make it with ,Water since i will not have the huge water force which is usually there in a hydroelcetric plamnt/. I saw a turbine like thing with a handle which we have 2 move round & roiund. like a hamsters wheel/Turbine. But if we make that turbine in the place of hydroelectric generator then the turbine wont move & prolly get stuck at one place bcuz the model , buildings , bas etc will come in the place. or if i make external & everything will run on the motor etc. then would all the model things work?? i mean will it produce enough electric current 2 run motors, pumps , lights etc :?: :?:
Yea, i know i may have 2 make it a little big. The model i saw was big & only a light was joined. maybe i should better take an external electricity like batteries or electric current frm the plug-points.

THNX
XuryaX

Louise
Former Expert
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:17 pm

Postby Louise » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:07 am

XuryaX wrote:ok,
But is there ne way. I found a model of a generator using electromagnets. Surely i cannot make it with ,Water since i will not have the huge water force which is usually there in a hydroelcetric plamnt/. I saw a turbine like thing with a handle which we have 2 move round & roiund. like a hamsters wheel/Turbine. But if we make that turbine in the place of hydroelectric generator then the turbine wont move & prolly get stuck at one place bcuz the model , buildings , bas etc will come in the place. or if i make external & everything will run on the motor etc. then would all the model things work?? i mean will it produce enough electric current 2 run motors, pumps , lights etc :?: :?:
Yea, i know i may have 2 make it a little big. The model i saw was big & only a light was joined. maybe i should better take an external electricity like batteries or electric current frm the plug-points.

THNX
XuryaX


Okay, does your model actually have to work, or just illustrate what the thing should look like? For example, I was thinking that your hydroelectric plant could just have water going over a wheel/turbine, not that you could generate electricity. You are correct that you probably could not generate the needed electricity.

If you use LEDs for the lights, they use very little electricity, so you could use 1 battery for all. Then the pump would be plugged in, and you would have a bucket of water under the model... tubing would carry the water to places in your model where there would be water (hydroelectric and sewage plant)

Louise

XuryaX
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:29 am

Postby XuryaX » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:12 am

ok, now i want 2 ask , if i put water beneath the model , then where would be the electric stuff. i thought beneath the model, i wanted 2 have the elctric stuff. * any City Plans?? Anybody?
i m bad at city planning. The previous one was conjusted.

Louise
Former Expert
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:17 pm

Postby Louise » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:36 am

XuryaX wrote:ok, now i want 2 ask , if i put water beneath the model , then where would be the electric stuff. i thought beneath the model, i wanted 2 have the elctric stuff. * any City Plans?? Anybody?
i m bad at city planning. The previous one was conjusted.


Well, I cannot help you with these types of details. You need to make a diagram of your city with the right sizes. You need to find out how large or small your electrical devices are, and the size of the water and the pump. I don't see why you couldn't have both under the model, but again, since I have no idea what size anything is, I cannot help.

Honestly, this topic is not really appropriate for these forums. We are here to provide advice on science and engineering, not building. Most of us are willing to help with some ideas of how to make the parts of your project look good, but you are not going to get detailed construction advice from us. That is you job. You can keep asking us question, but they need to be scientific or creative, not construction or how to fit everything in a model.

Good luck,
Louise

XuryaX
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:29 am

Postby XuryaX » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:02 am

ok, i would handle the plans. etc. Is ther anything 2 do with a CNG Refilling Station?? I dont Think so...
I would rather plug in whole electric current through plug points. A generator would be waste. then i would have 2 plug & produce electricity & explain 2 the judges. so, i would plug everything. Is there a way to make the turbine roll?

Louise
Former Expert
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:17 pm

Postby Louise » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:31 am

XuryaX wrote:ok, i would handle the plans. etc. Is ther anything 2 do with a CNG Refilling Station?? I dont Think so...

I've never seen a CNG station, so I have no idea.

Is there a way to make the turbine roll?


You could use a very small motor/ toy fan to rotate the shaft.


Louise


Return to “Physical Science”