any info. on skateboard suspensions

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering
nelsondonut

any info. on skateboard suspensions

Post by nelsondonut »

For my science project, we need 10 sources on our project by friday. I just went to the corona public library, but didnt find much. does anyone know where i could find information on skateboards/suspension/springs, because i was going to make a skateboard with shocks. help would be very much appreciated
barretttomlinson
Former Expert

Post by barretttomlinson »

This sounds like a really fun project. My suggestion to find background sources is to try a google search on skateboard suspension, and to look at US patents. For example, I found patents 7121566, 7044486, 2063916, 7044486, and 7219907 just for starters. You can see the full text of these patents just by accessing them by number at
http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/PTO/srchnum.htm

Each of these patents cites prior art so you will quickly find lots and lots of sources. Each patent includes a full description of the design with drawings and a statement of why their design is unique. The only drawback is that the legalese can be hard to understand.

Good luck!

Return to “Physical Science”