Need kindergarten rainbow science fair project ideas.

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Mom to Elijah 777
Project Question: I have a kindergartner that needs a simple science fair project about rainbows using the Scientific Method. Thank you!
Project Due Date: November 14th, 2012
Project Status: I am just starting

Need kindergarten rainbow science fair project ideas.

Post by Mom to Elijah 777 »

Hello. I have a kindergartner who would like to participate in his elementary school's science fair (optional for his grade level). We would like to do it on rainbows. They are requiring the scientific method for this experiment. I'd like to keep it very simple for him and would love some great but very simple rainbow related science fair project ideas. I'm having a hard time forming a problem and hypothesis that is simple enough. Can I just have the problem be "Where do all the colors of the rainbow come from and can this be duplicated" and the hypothesis as "The colors of the rainbow are formed by sunlight reflecting through water in the sky. This can be duplicated with light and a spectrum glass." Any thoughts or ideas for me would be greatly apprecited. Thanks so muchF!
HeatherL
Former Expert
Project Question: How do different animals adapt to their environment?
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Need kindergarten rainbow science fair project ideas.

Post by HeatherL »

Hi Mom to Elijah,

It is great to hear that your kindergartner is interested in science! How exciting!

I think you are off to a great start. You will want to keep the project simple, but still allow him to learn something in the process. I think the problem you have posed and the hypothesis are great! You could try duplicating the process a few ways: (1) with a prism, (2) with a glass of water, and (3) with a garden hose outside.

Here is a project I found online that could help you get started: http://www.hometrainingtools.com/rainbo ... es/a/1594/

I hope this helps. Please post again (in this same thread) if you have more questions! I would also be interested to hear about your progress as you work on the project!

Heather

Return to “Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”