Tracking Wolves Project

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

dafabs
Project Question: Tracking Wolves Science Project - have question on how to completed
Project Due Date: February 15
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Tracking Wolves Project

Post by dafabs »

Looking for assistance with calculating the overall wolf territory for the Wolf Tracking Project. I have calculated the territory by season, but do not understand how to calculate the overall territory. What do I use from the map to find this. The goal is to calculate each season territory to the overall territory, however, I can not add up each season for the total....so I'm confused what to calculate & where to find it to calculate the overall territory. Any help/assistance is appreciated. Thank you.
khufker
Former Expert
Project Question: Inclusion Programs
Project Due Date: 2/1/13

Re: Tracking Wolves Project

Post by khufker »

Is this the project you are doing? It looks like an interesting one! https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... og#summary

You are correct in that you should not just add the numbers for each season since some boxes may be used for multiple seasons. I think the easiest way to measure the overall territory would be to go back and recount all of the squares used by the wolf regardless of which or how many seasons he used them. This should get you the right number.

Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions!
Katie
dafabs
Project Question: Tracking Wolves Science Project - have question on how to completed
Project Due Date: February 15

Post by dafabs »

Katie....yes, that does make sense. Thank you sooooo much!!!!!
khufker
Former Expert
Project Question: Inclusion Programs
Project Due Date: 2/1/13

Post by khufker »

Great! Just let me know if you have any other questions. Good Luck!

Return to “Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”