Radiant Rashes Variable Question

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

ncooley05

Radiant Rashes Variable Question

Post by ncooley05 »

Link to project below

Should the time each group of seeds microwaves or bakes be the same? (1 minute, 2 minutes, 3 minutes and 5 minutes)

Instructions say to microwave in seconds and to bake for minutes at a time.

This is for my 5th graders school science fair. She was instructed to only have one variable that changes. I understand that to be the amount of time heated in this experiment. (We plan to use 4 different types of seeds.) TIA

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... #materials
donnahardy2
Former Expert

Re: Radiant Rashes Variable Question

Post by donnahardy2 »

Welcome to Science Buddies.

Thanks for posting your project. In this experiment the time that the radish seeds are exposed to heat, either seconds in the microwave, or minutes in the oven, is the independent variable. The time that it takes for the radish seeds to sprout is the dependent variable.

Otherwise, all other conditions are the same including the temperature, light, amount of water, type of paper towel, plastic bag, and the batch of radish seeds.

I hope this helps. Please do let us know if you have any other questions.

Donna Hardy

Return to “Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”