hypothesis for geodes

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

MTK888

hypothesis for geodes

Post by MTK888 »

Hi, Please help! I'm trying to help my 3rd grade daughter with her science fair project. Her project is "Jumping For Geodes: Can You Tell the Inside from the Outside?" We can not figure out how to word her hypothesis. If...Then???
Thank you
jskanderson
Former Student Expert

Re: hypothesis for geodes

Post by jskanderson »

MTK888 wrote:Hi, Please help! I'm trying to help my 3rd grade daughter with her science fair project. Her project is "Jumping For Geodes: Can You Tell the Inside from the Outside?" We can not figure out how to word her hypothesis. If...Then???
Thank you
Dear concerned parent,

Welcome to ScienceBuddies! ScienceBuddies has a tab called "Project Guide," which can help you and your daughter formulate a good hypothesis! The link is here: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... ndex.shtml, and the section "Constructing a Hypothesis" will be most useful to you!

A hypothesis should generally predict a trend and involve both the independent and dependent variable, and while they usually take the form of "If ____, Then _____", they don't have to.

If your daughter needs more help constructing the hypothesis, please don't hesitate to ask!

Hope this helped,

JSK
~ Call me JSK :D
"Be the person who you wish to see in the world."

Return to “Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”