Help with Hypothesis for salt experiment

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Santi1407

Help with Hypothesis for salt experiment

Post by Santi1407 »

The question for my experiment is:

How much salt is in the different bodies of water around our Metro area?

My hypothesis has to be written in a if/then/because sentence. I know my variables are the “different bodies of water” and “salt” but I’m having a hard time trying to figure out an hypothesis using only this two variables. Am I aloud to add a third variable in my hypothesis that is not in my question?

Please help and thank you.
mattrosenthal26
Former Student Expert

Re: Help with Hypothesis for salt experiment

Post by mattrosenthal26 »

Hey!

I'm not completely sure what you mean by a variable that is not in your question. However, I think that as long as you notice a direct correlation between that variable and the amount of salt around our metro areas, it should be fine to add. Eg: If the bodies of water are small, they contain more salt than the large bodies of water. The variable being the size of the bodies of water. I hope this helps!

Return to “Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”