BONES AND CALCIUM / GRAPH

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

tw2019

BONES AND CALCIUM / GRAPH

Post by tw2019 »

How do I make a graph or table out of my experiment of bones in vinegar. Its more of an observation so how can i plot this? Any help would be grateful. Thank you
NanditaN425
Former Student Expert

Re: BONES AND CALCIUM / GRAPH

Post by NanditaN425 »

Hi,

Graphing for this experiment would depend on what type of question you are asking or what you were trying to find out. For example, if you are testing that the angle the bone bends depends on the time it spends in vinegar, and you took it out at different periods in time to observe how far it could bend (with a protractor) or the height you can pull it up to (with a ruler), then the graph would be the angle (or height, depending on the instrument) v. time. The angle/height measures would be on the y axis and the time on the x axis.

Another case could be if you were testing if smaller bones become more flexible faster; this would be the same graph as the other one, but with two graphs, comparing the larger bone to the smaller bone.

If you were doing more qualitative observations, such as if different types of vinegar affect how much the bone bends, you could do the same thing but with multiple graphs for the different types of vinegar (still measuring how much the bond can bend over time).

If you can get back to us on what exactly you are investigating with bones and vinegar, I could be able to help you better!
Hopefully this helps a bit,
NanditaN425
AnnaMochi
Former Student Expert

Re: BONES AND CALCIUM / GRAPH

Post by AnnaMochi »

Hi,
In order to determine how to graph that you must figure out what kind of data you are getting. Is it increasing? Decreasing? Or is it varying data? Is there a relationship between the variables? Once you find these out, you can determine just what kind of graph you need. I'd recommend looking up types of graphs and seeing which ones suit your data the best.

Best of Luck,
Mochi

Return to “Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”