Please Help- where is the scientific method in topic wizard experiments?

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

sverhey
Project Question: Not all projects on the TOPIC WIZARD follow the Scientific Method and start with a Scientific Problem. I would like to refer my students to the website to find a topic of interest, but how do I ensure that they are picking a testable experiment? Is there a search offered that only shows projects that use the Scientific Method?
Project Due Date: NA
Project Status: Not applicable

Please Help- where is the scientific method in topic wizard experiments?

Post by sverhey »

Not many projects on the TOPIC WIZARD seem to follow the Scientific Method and start with a Scientific Problem. I would like to refer my students to the website to find a topic of interest, but how do I ensure that they are picking a testable experiment? Is there a search offered that only shows projects that use the Scientific Method?
AmyCowen
Site Admin
Project Question: -
Project Due Date: -
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Please Help- where is the scientific method in topic wizard experiments?

Post by AmyCowen »

Hi - I followed up in response to the email you sent. Please let me know if you have additional questions. Your students can also use the Ask an Expert forums to get Expert input in response to questions they have as they plan and work on their projects, too.

Amy
Science Buddies

Return to “Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”