Science Fair Project on Green house gases

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

googleuser

Science Fair Project on Green house gases

Post by googleuser »

Hi Team,

My kid is in 5th grade and need some help in science fair project. Main idea of project is on Green House gases. Can you please help in giving some ideas on some specific questions for research.

Thanks for your help.
samuelringel
Former Student Expert

Re: Science Fair Project on Green house gases

Post by samuelringel »

Hello! I would be happy to answer questions regarding a science fair project. Firstly, our site has many procedures laid out for science fair projects, so feel free to look through those. If I was to think of a project for this, I would first build a miniature greenhouse using guides that can be found online. Then I would measure the temperature outside and inside the greenhouse over time. Then, you can analyze how the reflection of heat within the greenhouse models the effect of greenhouse gases on Earth's atmosphere. I hope this helps and feel free to ask any further questions!
AmyCowen
Site Admin
Project Question: -
Project Due Date: -
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Science Fair Project on Green house gases

Post by AmyCowen »

As SamuelRingel mentions, there are projects at Science Buddies that might help your student think about the project being planned. This project is one that your student might look at: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... use-effect

By looking at the background information (as well as the objective on the summary tab), your student will get a sense of the kinds of questions that might be asked. The procedure contains a step-by-step procedure for this project. The "Make it Your Own" tab has a few suggestions for ways to modify or extend the experiment.

Amy
Science Buddies

Return to “Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”