immy001
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:55 am
Occupation: Parent

In what conditions does mold form quickest?

Postby immy001 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:57 am

Good day, need your comments and suggestions, please. Daughter's topic "In what conditions does mold form quickest?"

eshabrar
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:46 pm
Occupation: Student

Re: In what conditions does mold form quickest?

Postby eshabrar » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:05 pm

Hello! I hope you and your daughter are doing well. Mold is able to form quickest in extremely damp, humid, and wet conditions. In order for mold to be able to grow further and spread, it requires water, and moisture. This link, written by the CDC provides more information about mold and its growth. Hope this was helpful :)

https://www.cdc.gov/mold/faqs.htm

immy001
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:55 am
Occupation: Parent

Re: In what conditions does mold form quickest?

Postby immy001 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:05 am

Thanks for the useful information, now we are thinking about how to adapt it to our project and describe it in an accessible language for children.

cnoonan180
Student Expert
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:33 am
Occupation: Student

Re: In what conditions does mold form quickest?

Postby cnoonan180 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:37 pm

Hello!

Here is a website that explains the procedure for growing mold on bread to test which conditions the mold grows fastest under in language that should be understandable for kids:
https://explorable.com/mold-bread-experiment

Hope this helps and feel free to ask additional questions or for any clarifications!
-cnoonan180

immy001
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:55 am
Occupation: Parent

Re: In what conditions does mold form quickest?

Postby immy001 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:32 am

cnoonan180 wrote:Hello!

Here is a website that explains the procedure for growing mold on bread to test which conditions the mold grows fastest under in language that should be understandable for kids:
https://explorable.com/mold-bread-experiment

Hope this helps and feel free to ask additional questions or for any clarifications!
-cnoonan180


thank for help :)

immy001
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:55 am
Occupation: Parent

Re: In what conditions does mold form quickest?

Postby immy001 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:36 am

Hi, if somebody has information about mold prevention?
Thanks in advance

BeatriceCallan
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:37 am
Occupation: Parent

Re: In what conditions does mold form quickest?

Postby BeatriceCallan » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:51 am

immy001 wrote:Hi, if somebody has information about mold prevention?
Thanks in advance

There is no practical way for you to eliminate all of the molds and mold spores in the indoor environment. But there are many ways to help to control moisture and mold growth in your house. Here is a link to an article. Mold and Your Home: What You Need to Know https://www.health.ny.gov/publications/7287/
Hope it helps you ))))

ElizabethBarlett
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:32 am
Occupation: Parent

Re: In what conditions does mold form quickest?

Postby ElizabethBarlett » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:02 am

BeatriceCallan wrote:
immy001 wrote:Hi, if somebody has information about mold prevention?
Thanks in advance

There is no practical way for you to eliminate all of the molds and mold spores in the indoor environment. But there are many ways to help to control moisture and mold growth in your house. Here is a link to an article. Mold and Your Home: What You Need to Know https://www.health.ny.gov/publications/7287/
Hope it helps you ))))

Hi, could add to your topic info about a health problem bcz of mold. Here is a list of:
Respiratory problems - wheezing, asthma attacks, etc
Nasal and sinus congestion or dry, hacking cough
Eye irritation - burning, watery, redness
Nose or throat irritation - sneezing fits, bloody noses
Skin irritations - rashes or hives
Nervous system - headaches, memory loss, mood changes
Aches and pains


Return to “Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”