Tiger Sharks

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

bcruz1019
Project Question: Tiger Sharks
Project Due Date: March 10, 2011
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Tiger Sharks

Post by bcruz1019 »

I have a research paper due tomorrow on tiger sharks. I need some questions answered to include in my paper. Could an "expert" answer them for me?

Why do tiger sharks strips/markings fade as they age?
Why are tiger sharks so aggressive?
Are female tiger sharks more aggressive than males or vica versa? Or does it matter?

Please answer as soon as you can!
Thanks!
cjb
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Tiger Sharks

Post by cjb »

Hello,

I hope your research paper is going well. I realize that you are short on time but wanted to reply to your post. Science Buddies has an excellent resource available to help you organize your research or develop a research plan. I have included the link here: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... plan.shtml

You have some awesome questions that do include the needed why, how, who, what, when, where that are essential to a great research project. The internet will provide you with a wealth of information about Tiger sharks. I quickly googled it for you and received many, many sites that could support your research. I have included one as a starting point, National Geographic here is the link: http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/a ... shark.html

I'm sure you will have fun with this topic and as I said I know you are short of time but perhaps this can be a spring board for a great science fair project down the road. :D

Best of Luck to you!

Return to “Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”