Autoimmune Disease

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

kinder05

Autoimmune Disease

Post by kinder05 »

I did the autoimmune disease project with the M&Ms. I am curious what results other people got? How can I find out those numbers or find out what numbers are real in the medical community for the rates of disease at each level? In my normal group 0/20 got a disease, with one high risk checkpoint 4/20 got a disease, 7/20 in the two checkpoint group, and 11/20 in the 3 checkpoint group. This was super interesting to me!
SciB
Expert
Occupation: Retired molecular biologist, university researcher and teacher
Project Question: I wish to join Scibuddies to be able to help students achieve the best science project possible and to understand the science behind it.
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Autoimmune Disease

Post by SciB »

Just report your data as you got it. Then explain your conclusion and what you think it means. For the discussion part of your report you can find sources on line of other examples to compare with your results.

Be creative. This is your project, so you need to give it your personal tweak. It's more fun to run with your own ideas. You could come up with an interpretation no one else has thought of.

Sybee

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”