Roof top garden project

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

pratibha12

Roof top garden project

Post by pratibha12 »

Hello ,
I m unable to find the tar paper required in the rooftop garden project .. please suggest some easily available substitute for the tar paper which can be available in Indian hardware stores ..
Thanks
SciB
Expert
Occupation: Retired molecular biologist, university researcher and teacher
Project Question: I wish to join Scibuddies to be able to help students achieve the best science project possible and to understand the science behind it.
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Roof top garden project

Post by SciB »

Hi

Tar paper was recommended for the project (https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... #procedure) because it is similar to the black tar material on some roofs. You could substitute some other black covering for the box lid, but the best solution might be to paint the lid black using a paint that has a dull ('matte') finish. If you can't get dull black paint then use whatever black material you can find to cover the lid.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have more questions.

Sybee

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”