hi everyone, i need your help, please

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

carpaking

hi everyone, i need your help, please

Post by carpaking »

hi, i have finished my experiment, and about to get a board, before i can get it, i must find out which category is for fingerprints and hereditary. my purpose was: does hereditary have to do with determining the type of fingerprint you will get (whorl, loop, or arch). my teachers say it's genetics but it is not one of the categories for science fair. so im pretty doomed :(
17eugenekim
Expert
Project Question: To assist others in the AAE forums
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: hi everyone, i need your help, please

Post by 17eugenekim »

Let's back up for a second here - you are not doomed!. Are there other categories that are similar in the science fair? A general Biology category, for instance, would work fine. If you have a lot of number-crunching, for instance, maybe you could file it under Statistical Sciences.

Be flexible about how you present your work! Projects often work under more than one category. Snoop around for what other categories are possible.

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”