Can You Crowdsource a Better School Environment (Variables???)

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

diandelport

Can You Crowdsource a Better School Environment (Variables???)

Post by diandelport »

Hi. I am a bit uncertain about what the variables in this kind of project is. It would be much appreciated if anyone ould help me with this.
deleted-284605
Former Expert
Project Question: I am volunteering for the "Ask an Expert" program.
Project Due Date: I am volunteering for the "Ask an Expert" program.
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Can You Crowdsource a Better School Environment (Variables???)

Post by deleted-284605 »

This is one of those projects that doesn't really have the most traditional dependent and independent variables. You can still come up with something reasonable, depending a bit on exactly how you're doing this project. In figuring out variables, it helps to write out exactly what you're testing in the experiment- what are you changing and what are you measuring? The variable you change is independent, and whatever you measure depends on what you've changed.

From the project description, it seems like the main question here is "If I make a crowdsourcing app, will my school environment improve?" This means that you're changing whether or not there is an app and measuring the quality of your school environment.

You can probably figure it out from there! If not, write back and we can help you more. :D

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”