Greenhouse gases

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

jskanderson
Former Student Expert

Re: Greenhouse gases

Post by jskanderson »

lakshu_s wrote:Dear JSK,

Thanks for all your help. I modified conclusion as you advised. Want to share this good news with you. I got first place in Regional and also got first place award in American Chemical Society for grades 5-8. Nominated for Broadcom and got 1 year membership for science center.

I will get your guidance when I select my next year project.

Thanks again.
Lakshu
Hey Lakshu,

That's incredible! And of course, SciBuddies and I are always here to help! Congratulations!

Best,

JSK
~ Call me JSK :D
"Be the person who you wish to see in the world."
lakshu_s

Post by lakshu_s »

Thanks so much JSK. I have start writing for Broadcom. Deadline is June. I will let you know once I select my next project.

Thanks again.
Lakshu
AmyCowen
Site Admin
Project Question: -
Project Due Date: -
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by AmyCowen »

Lakshu - Congratulations on your success at the regional science fair and on your Broadcom MASTERS nomination! That is wonderful! I am sending you a message (via email) to follow up with you.

Amy
Science Buddies
lakshu_s

Post by lakshu_s »

Thanks Amy for all your support.

Thanks,
Lakshu
lakshu_s

Post by lakshu_s »

Dear JSK,

This year I already planned for a science project and I wanted to explore if the concentration of outdoor ozone would decrease as you moved further away from a highway? I am testing, "If I place an ozone strip far away from the highway then the concentration of ozone on that strip will be less than a strip placed close to the highway".

I need your guidance please as always.

For this experiment I wanted Eco badge test cards and Colormetric chart. Please let me know where I would get these both. I saw in Amazon some products. But can you suggest please.

Correct me if I am wrong. We place the test cards in one location for 1 hour, and then compare the change of color in ozone strip vs colormetric chart and record the amount of ozone in parts per billion right? sorry i am new to Eco badge test cards. So not sure how to measure ozone amount. Can you tell me how to measure please.

Also I am planning to select two highways in my location. We are in St.louis. So selecting I170 and I64. I am planning to place 2 cards in 2 different locations close to highway and another 2 cards far from highways (probably near residential area) and check on the amount of ozone. Similarly, I am planning to repeat for another highway too. Does this seem correct to you? Any further thoughts on enhancing this experiment for getting better results.

Looking forward for your support.

Thanks,
Lakshu
lakshu_s

Post by lakshu_s »

Dear JSK,

Can you please look into my email and reply me ASAP as i have to complete this project before SUMMER.

Thanks,
Lakshu
AmyCowen
Site Admin
Project Question: -
Project Due Date: -
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by AmyCowen »

Lakshu - I know that you have another thread started now on your new project. I am putting the link to that thread here so that JK can see it and knows that you are receiving input:

viewtopic.php?t=19181

I am excited to see you are already hard at work on your new project.

Amy
Science Buddies
lakshu_s

Post by lakshu_s »

Thanks Amy for all your support. Yes I am getting answers from Leungwilley. He is really very helpful.

Thanks,
Lakshu
9093f55ff5b84bfe928e4d8938c182d7

Post by 9093f55ff5b84bfe928e4d8938c182d7 »

SOOOOO incredibly sorry! but if you search up IMPORTANT! in the forums search bar would you please consider answering my questions? This forum seemed to interest me and I thought you guys would know a little bit.

Thank you!!

---Elliet

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”