Need a testable question for the project: How Are Antibodies Used for Blood Typing?

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

dragonmaster122

Need a testable question for the project: How Are Antibodies Used for Blood Typing?

Post by dragonmaster122 »

I need a testable question for the project “How Are Antibodies Used for Blood Typing?” This question must include a manipulated variable and a responding variable that can be measured with a scientific tool. I would love to use this project, however I do not know a question for this project and, therefore, I cannot use it. If anybody is able to help, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Suveer, 8th Grade
jskanderson
Former Student Expert

Re: Need a testable question for the project: How Are Antibodies Used for Blood Typing?

Post by jskanderson »

dragonmaster122 wrote:I need a testable question for the project “How Are Antibodies Used for Blood Typing?” This question must include a manipulated variable and a responding variable that can be measured with a scientific tool. I would love to use this project, however I do not know a question for this project and, therefore, I cannot use it. If anybody is able to help, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Suveer, 8th Grade
Hi Suveer,

The first step in creating a testable question is to find out which variable within the experiment you want to manipulate! Some variables are provided in the "Make It Your Own" Section: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... eityourown (the variables presented here (that could then be used as independent variables in your experiment) are: mixing time (longer, shorter, none), temperature, combination of two different antibody reagents, combination of blood samples).

Your dependent variables could then include whether the blood type changed (compared to the results of the regular procedure) or whether a blood type was determined at all (if there was an error).

Hope this helped,

JSK
~ Call me JSK :D
"Be the person who you wish to see in the world."

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”