Dustin_Gage

Catchy title for science fair project

Postby Dustin_Gage » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:32 pm

Hi. I’m getting started on my science fair this year and I just can’t thing up a good title. The science fair is sometime in early December but I would like to have a title by November 15th ish. My project is about Cedar Lake in Indiana. A lot of residents there are afraid to go near the water. I will get samples from the water at different places and circumstances to test if there is pollution, and if it’s from sewage or runoff. Then I will reference the EPA’s acceptable water pollution chart and test for different chemicals with indicator chemicals and a microscope. I was hoping someone here would have a smart title for my science fair project. Thanks.

FRickels
Former Expert

Re: Catchy title for science fair project

Postby FRickels » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:43 pm

Hi Dustin_Gage!

This sounds like a very interesting project. The best way to come up with a title for a science fair project is to find something informative to the judges, yet also eye catching. Two reliable formats are usually "Catchy Phrase: Informative sentence fragment" or "The Effect of Independent Variable on Dependent Variable". An example for your project might be "Fears of Pollution: Is Cedar Lake water dangerous to humans?". Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

FRickels
FRickels

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”