Can you tell me the question?

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Finnrr123

Can you tell me the question?

Post by Finnrr123 »

Can you help me figure out the question to this experament Pinocchio's Arm: A Lie Detector Test
It doent clearly tell me the question to the experament so i dont understand how to write a hypothesis on this
Quark2
Former Expert

Re: Can you tell me the question?

Post by Quark2 »

I believe that in this experiment, you are attempting to determine the relationship between the resistance you feel when you try to push on the subject's arm, and whether or not they are telling the truth. Therefore, perhaps your hypothesis can be something along the lines of "If a feel a lot of resistance on the subject's arm, then they are telling the truth. You can say the same thing except state that you believe that little resistance means they are telling the truth. That part is up to you, as it is based off of what you think will be true. In most middle school science classes, it is customary to state the hypothesis in the form of an "if then" statement.

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”