Dealing with Diabetes Circuit Board

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

sarahooper

Dealing with Diabetes Circuit Board

Post by sarahooper »

Hi,
I am doing the Dealing with Diabetes science fair project, and I have constructed the circuit for the insulin pump exacting to the instruction, however it will not work. I have tried all the tasks the site suggests to do if it is not working and none of them are not working. I am just wondering what I can do to make it work or if I possibly got a faulty part. Thank you.
SciB
Expert
Occupation: Retired molecular biologist, university researcher and teacher
Project Question: I wish to join Scibuddies to be able to help students achieve the best science project possible and to understand the science behind it.
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Dealing with Diabetes Circuit Board

Post by SciB »

Hi,

Sorry you had trouble with the circuit board. The problem is usually a loose connection or wrong connection but it sounds like you have checked and double-checked everything, so it is possible that one of the components is faulty. If you have a friend who is good with electronics you could ask them to go over the board with you. There are some tests you can do to pinpoint where in the circuit the problem is but it is hard to do it without having the board in front of you to look at.

Since most of the parts for the circuit came from Jameco, you could try calling them and talking to technical support. I don't know if they could help you but it can't hurt to try.

Post again and let us know what happened. Hopefully one of the other experts may have more hands-on knowledge of the circuit and can troubleshoot your problem.

Sybee

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”