Title Needed for Project ASAP

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

bab1978

Title Needed for Project ASAP

Post by bab1978 »

I'm doing a project on which two blood types, when mixed together, would produce the strongest haemolytic transfusion reaction; I have everything else ready but the title (I don't know whether I should do a question or rephrase my topic sentence in one way) so can you please help me!!! Fair is pretty soon so...
Thanks
catherineM99
Former Expert

Re: Title Needed for Project ASAP

Post by catherineM99 »

Hi!

Your science fair project sounds fascinating! It is always a good idea to include both the independent variable- the one you are changing, and dependent variable- the one you are measuring, in the title. It is also a good idea to add a catchy phrase, maybe using rhymes or alliteration that are related to topics in your science fair project. Here are some ideas I came up with for your project:
-Which 2 blood types will make you gripe? Exploring the most dangerous blood type combinations for transfusions.
-Ending the confusion: discovering the 2 blood types causing the largest transfusion

Good luck with your project!
~Catherine M.
RicaC
Former Student Expert

Re: Title Needed for Project ASAP

Post by RicaC »

Dear bab1978,

A title should be straightforward and be able to attract people's interest.

A title could be in the format: The Effect of Independent Variable on the Dependent Variable. For your project, it would be "The Effect of Blood Types on the Degree of Hemolytic Transfusion Reaction". A title in this format is commonly used for science fair projects. However, the title could be more creative by following this format: Catchy phrase/word: More informative question/statement. For example, a creative title could be, "Perfect Match?: The Effect of Blood Types on the Degree of Hemolytic Transfusion Reaction".

I hope this helps you to create a title for your project. If you have any questions, please let us know.

RicaC

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”