I need a catchy tittle!

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

penguinboy0609

I need a catchy tittle!

Post by penguinboy0609 »

I am doing a project on hydroponics and how fish poop fertilize them. I really need a catchy tittle? Can you get me one?
RicaC
Former Student Expert

Re: I need a catchy tittle!

Post by RicaC »

Dear penguinboy0609,

I hope that your project is going well so far.

Here are some ideas for a catchy title:
1. Beauty in Fish Poop: Fertilizing Plants By Using Waste from Fish
2. Don't Waste the Fish Poop: Fertilizing Plants By Using Waste from Fish
3. Fish Poop to the Rescue: Can Fish Poop Help Grow Plants?
4. Not that Unpleasant After All: Fish Poop as a Provider of Nutrients to the Plants

I hope these ideas helps you form the perfect catchy title for your project. If you have any other questions, please let us know.
weberamy

Post by weberamy »

Hi RicaC,

I would like to hear about your science fair project. One of my students is wanting to test something where she grows a plant in a net pot that sits in a fish's bowl of water. I'd like to hear what you tested. What was your independent variable and dependent variable? My student is also trying to figure out what type of plant would work best for this project. Any explanation that you can give would be very helpful. Thank you!
RicaC
Former Student Expert

Post by RicaC »

Dear weberamy,

I have completed three science fair projects during middle school. My first project investigated the effect of different brands of plastic wrap on the amount of garlic odor. My next one investigated the effect of the type of liquids on the discoloration of apple slices. My last one investigated the effect of volume of air in a ballon on the distance the balloon rocket travels.

Although I have not performed an experiment that you are describing, I think that having a fast growing plant is important. This article, Fastest Growing Plants for a Science Project, lists plants that are fit for a science project (https://sciencing.com/fastest-growing-p ... 59692.html). I think that all different kinds of plants go through the aquaponics cycle. The cycle where the fish produces waste, then microbes and worms convert to fertilizer for plants, and finally plants filter water. Therefore, no matter what the plant is, you will still observe growth.

I hope this helps you and your students.

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”