Looking for help with environmental science/composting

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

AvalonKissinger

Looking for help with environmental science/composting

Post by AvalonKissinger »

For a composting project I would like to ask some questions about environmental science or commercial composting, if you had time to answer these questions I would be greatful.

1. What type/division of environmental science do you work in?

2. What is it like working in your field of science?

3. Do you deal with composting in your position? If yes, what part of the country/environment do you work in? Can you provide any information about how composting works best in your region?
SciB
Expert
Occupation: Retired molecular biologist, university researcher and teacher
Project Question: I wish to join Scibuddies to be able to help students achieve the best science project possible and to understand the science behind it.
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Looking for help with environmental science/composting

Post by SciB »

Hi,

There may or may not be an environmental scientist on the Scibuddies forum. I think your best chance to find someone to interview would be to go the the websites of universities in your state and look for those that have an environmental sciences department. Once you find some potential people to interview, call them and tell them who you are and that you would like to ask them a few brief questions about their work. Most scientists are happy to help students with science project questions.

Good luck!

Sybee

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”