Science Fair Project Assistance!

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Yammy_Potato

Science Fair Project Assistance!

Post by Yammy_Potato »

I'm having struggles on how I should input my data into a data table and graph for my science fair experiment. My experiment is basically this project, https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... ector-test. And I'm having immense confusion on how to develop this method and my data into a graph and all that. I really need assistance, any replies will be greatly appreciated.

(My data are tested of the average resistance and its been tested with 50 volunteers)
MadelineB
Project Question: Interested in volunteering as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Science Fair Project Assistance!

Post by MadelineB »

Hello Yammy_Potato,
Welcome to Science Buddies and congratulations on conducting such a thorough experiment.
I'm not sure what you mean by "average resistance" ... looking at the procedure for this project I would expect that you would have recorded in your lab book a combined data chart that would have 1 row for each of your 50 volunteers and that you would record, for each volunteer, the "Most Frequently Observed Arm Resistance". Thus, you would record "Truth" for volunteer 1 if more of that volunteer's arm resistance for the 3 tests were Truth. You would record "Lie" if more of the tests showed more resistance for the lies.

One way to summarize these 50 observations would be to count how many volunteers had "Truth" more frequently, how many had "Lie" more frequently, and how many had no difference. You could then use a bar graph to display these results, where the height of the bar for "Truth" would show the number of "Truth", the height of the bar for "Lie" would show the number of "Lie", etc. You could make another bar graph, showing the proportions for each of the 3 responses.

Then your challenge will be to write a sentence or two explaining why you think you got these results! It will help if you reread the background section for this project!

Let us know if you have more questions!

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”