How to measure Oxygen Production

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

sciencenrd

How to measure Oxygen Production

Post by sciencenrd »

Hello,
I am thinking of project ideas, and I happen to like one about the effect of iron on the oxygen production of a certain species of diatom. However, I am stumped on the procedure for this potential project. I read that one can measure oxygen production by displacement in water, but I am confused on how this would work. Also, is it possible to do this project at home (given that the species of diatom is safe to use)?
Thank you.
MadelineB
Project Question: Interested in volunteering as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: How to measure Oxygen Production

Post by MadelineB »

Hello and welcome to Science Buddies,
You might find some useful information in the Science Buddies database of project ideas:

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... ject-ideas

You could browse by topic or you can search by keywords. In your case, you might try searching by "oxygen production."

You might find several projects which have useful ideas and you could combine them to create your own science project!

Let us know what you find and be sure to ask if you have more questions.

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”