Can I turn this into a science project ?

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

haffmom

Can I turn this into a science project ?

Post by haffmom »

Trying to determine how to help me student turn an idea into a project that uses the scientific method:
Children often resemble their parents because of specific features being dominant or recessive.
He wants to have pictures of different babies and a set of parents (of only one of the children); He
wants people to guess which child belongs to them.
I love the idea. I just don't know how to MAKE it a workable/testable project that is objective.
rlwilliams06
Former Expert

Re: Can I turn this into a science project ?

Post by rlwilliams06 »

Hello!

That sounds like such a neat project! Before people select which baby they think belongs to the parent, you could have them make a hypothesis on who the parent will be. The procedure would be setting up the pictures and having them be selected. The scientific method includes: hypothesis, materials, procedure, data/results, and conclusion. The objective of the project would be to see if the hypothesis correctly determined the parent.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have anymore questions!

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”