What will make the ice melt the fastest?

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

scienceisnice

What will make the ice melt the fastest?

Post by scienceisnice »

I am trying to find a catchy title for my project, and I came up with "Did it melt?". I am not sure that will work. I am following science buddies' (your website) guidelines. Please help!!!! I also came up with "Let It Melt!" please respond!!
DrSullivan
Former Expert

Re: What will make the ice melt the fastest?

Post by DrSullivan »

You could do a mix of catchy and descriptive. Example: Let it melt: what makes ice melt the fastest?
cnoonan180
Expert

Post by cnoonan180 »

A highly recommended way of writing science fair titles IS catchy and descriptive, in the [catchy]: [descriptive] format. The descriptive portion is usually a short version of the main science fair question/purpose of the experiment.

Some other ideas are:
The Melting Snowman Effect: What makes ice melt the fastest?
Drying Drills: What will make ice melt the fastest?

Hope this helps!
scienceisnice

Post by scienceisnice »

cnoonan180 wrote:A highly recommended way of writing science fair titles IS catchy and descriptive, in the [catchy]: [descriptive] format. The descriptive portion is usually a short version of the main science fair question/purpose of the experiment.

Some other ideas are:
The Melting Snowman Effect: What makes ice melt the fastest?
Drying Drills: What will make ice melt the fastest?

Hope this helps!
okay thanks
scienceisnice

Post by scienceisnice »

DrSullivan wrote:You could do a mix of catchy and descriptive. Example: Let it melt: what makes ice melt the fastest?
thanks
lmp1341
Former Expert

Post by lmp1341 »

For this kind of project, you could come up with a variety of names.
For example, you could play around with the name of a very popular song by Vanilla ice and use the name "Ice, Ice, Baby!" and follow that with a description.
You could also add some puns on your board, like: "Why should anyone experiment with thin ice? It’s the best way to achieve a major breakthrough!" (ha as in scientific breakthrough. Get it?)

You could also do: The race to melt

Another idea is, you could use one of the already mentioned titles, but get an ice tray/mold that makes letters and write out your science fair title with ice cubes, then take a picture, and use that picture as your title. You're bound to get an A+ for creativity :)

Hope this helps!
Stay nerdy,
lmp1341

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”