Help with a title

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

HopePressler1

Help with a title

Post by HopePressler1 »

Hi,
I'm a 7th grader, and I was wondering what would be a good title for my science fair project. My science fair project is about typing two family's blood and seeing if there is a relationship between the parents blood type and their offsprings. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you,
Sam :D
alyssaSTEMg
Former Student Expert

Re: Help with a title

Post by alyssaSTEMg »

I'm not very good at these kinds of things, but here is the best I found:

"What's Your Type? Finding Blood Type Through Your Family"

or

"It Runs In The Family: The Genetics of Blood Type"

That's really the best I can do, someone else may have something that is more what you're looking for.
17eugenekim
Expert
Project Question: To assist others in the AAE forums
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by 17eugenekim »

Just trying to throw out a few more:

"Thicker Than Water: Genetics of Blood Type"

"Blood Relatives: Tracking Blood Type Between Parent and Offspring"

"How Does Parent Blood Type Affect Child Blood Type?"

(Honestly those are the most common "formulas" for making titles. You can do "[catchy phrase title] : [more descriptive subtitle]", or "[the central research question]".)
HopePressler1

Post by HopePressler1 »

Thank you,
Sam
cnoonan180
Expert

Post by cnoonan180 »

Hello!

When thinking of a creative and informative science fair project title, a good format to follow is [catchy]:[informative]
Usually, catchy titles consist of some type of pun, wordplay, rhyme, or words beginning with the same letter to make the title easy for others to remember!

Here are a few other suggestions you can use to brainstorm:

1. Bonding through Blood (Type): How Do Parents' Blood Types Relate to Offsprings' Blood Types?
2. Relationships in Red: How Do Parents' Blood Types Relate to Offsprings' Blood Types?
3. Bloodlines: Parent and Offspring Relationships in Blood Type

Hope this helps!
-cnoonan180
travel_girl08

Post by travel_girl08 »

Hello! :D

When considering title ideas for your specific science fair project, I thought you should go with the "Catchy: Informative" motive. I'm not the best at coming up with titles but here are a few.

You're Somebody's Type: The Relationship Between Parents' Blood Types and Their Offsprings
We Know You've Got It In You: The Relationship Between Parents' Blood Types and Their Offsprings
It's the Blood That Brings Us Together: The Relationship Between Parents' Blood Types and Their Offsprings
There is No Bad Blood: The Relationship Between Parents' Blood Types and Their Offsprings
OR this might work for you... :lol:
Bad Blood?: The Relationship Between Parents' Blood Types and Their Offsprings
Bonds Not Bloods: The Relationship Between Parents' Blood Types and Their Offsprings
OR you could even switch it around... :lol:
Bloods Not Bonds: The Relationship Between Parents' Blood Types and Their Offsprings

Hope this helps! You can always change the informative side too! :wink:
Good luck!
travel_girl08 :mrgreen:

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”