Conclusion HELP asap... DUE SOOON!

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

leiflower05
Project Question: To find the best cooking method to cook a soft-boiled egg.
Project Due Date: 11/13/12
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Conclusion HELP asap... DUE SOOON!

Post by leiflower05 »

Ok so my project question is: Which cooking method makes the best soft-boiled egg? See I know which one is the best, but I don't know what I actually learned. This is the part that I am missing for my conclusion. Does thermal energy, convection,...etc. have something to do with it that I can say is the reason why that method is the best?
vysarge
Former Expert
Project Question: Student volunteer.
Project Due Date: N/a: see above.
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Conclusion HELP asap... DUE SOOON!

Post by vysarge »

Hello leiflower05!

I'd say that part of what you learned is which is the best cooking method, and the rest would be why that method is the best. You might describe how thermal energy and convection work, and then explain what happens thermally in each of your cooking methods and how that explains your results.

I'm assuming that you used cooking methods including different times, amounts of water, heating methods, or something like that- is this right?

Hope this helps!
-Vysarge

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nature uses only the longest threads to weave her patterns, so that each small piece of her fabric reveals the organization of the entire tapestry.
-Richard Feynman
leiflower05
Project Question: To find the best cooking method to cook a soft-boiled egg.
Project Due Date: 11/13/12
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Post by leiflower05 »

Thanks for the help!
akbarkhan
Former Expert
Project Question: NA
Project Due Date: NA
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by akbarkhan »

I suggest that you briefly describe how each method works to cook the egg. In other words, how does each method affect the molecules of the egg?

Next, please look at your data from your experiment to see how quantitatively successful was each method. That is, how long did each method take to cook the egg?

Finally, work to combine the theory (first sentence) to the results (second sentence) and that point you should have the conclusion of your project.

Hope this helps.

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”