Microbial Fuel Cell hacker board circuit board drawing

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

gpalermo

Microbial Fuel Cell hacker board circuit board drawing

Post by gpalermo »

Dear Science Buddies,

My daughter is working on the Microbial Fuel Cell project; we purchased two of your kit to implement the experiment.
I was wondering anybody can provide a simple circuit drawing of the Jaker Board.

My daughter needs to understand and explain on the research plan how the MFC is connected to the capacitor, LED and the resistor. I see that the Jaker Board contains a small integrated circuit device, so I will appreciate if you can provide a simple drawing that could help my daughter.

Thank you in advance for your help

Giorgio Palermo & Enrica Parra
[contact information removed by moderator]
norman40
Former Expert
Project Question: Volunteer
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Microbial Fuel Cell hacker board circuit board drawing

Post by norman40 »

Hello Giorgio and Enrica,

Sorry but I don't have any information about the circuits included with the project kit. Perhaps one of the other experts will chime in with an answer. Meanwhile you might try contacting the project kit supplier (Home Science Tools) to see if they can forward a circuit diagram.

I hope this helps. Please ask again if you have more questions.

A. Norman
bfinio
Expert
Project Question: Expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Microbial Fuel Cell hacker board circuit board drawing

Post by bfinio »

Hi Giorgio and Enrica,

Home Science Tools is the vendor that sells the kit, but it is manufactured by a company called Magical Microbes. Your best bet would be to contact them and ask if you can have a circuit diagram for the board:

https://www.magicalmicrobes.com/pages/contact-us

If they won't give it to you for some reason - this would be difficult, but look VERY closely at the tiny chip that is on the circuit board. See if you can read any letters and numbers on it, and then Google them. You will probably be able to find a data sheet from the chip's manufacturer. That will at least give you a started point. To figure out how the other components (LED, capacitor, resistor etc) are connected, you would need to trace the lines on the circuit board to each of the eight pins in the connector.

That's a whole lot of work though...definitely ask the manufacturer first!

Thanks,

Ben

PS - I deleted your contact information, we ask that users not post personal contact information in the forums.

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”