What to type into the search engine for my science fair project research/ background information ideas

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

froyoyum

What to type into the search engine for my science fair project research/ background information ideas

Post by froyoyum »

I am doing my Science Fair Project on "Do Videogames lessen the pain?" I got this idea from Science Buddies (I am citing my sources, don't worry :lol: ) It is originally called "No Pain, Lots of Game" https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... nt#summary I want to use some of my research from the background tab, but I will need more. I am asking what I should search, like how would I word my question when I search it on Google. I also need help on a title, but I can figure that out, I think. Thanks! :D
stephaniebie
Former Expert

Re: What to type into the search engine for my science fair project research/ background information ideas

Post by stephaniebie »

Hello froyoyum!

A simple Google search such as "video games pain relief" or "video games and pain tolerance" will return quite a few results. Also, if you need clarification or just more information on certain parts of the experiment, such as "peripheral nerve fibers" in the background information section, you can do a Google search of just the word/phrase and many articles should pop up. When I am doing research for a project, I like to use https://scholar.google.com/. It is really good at filtering all the unreliable sources out. If I find a really interesting article, I look through their references or bibliography section for more information and look through those articles. Even looking through the References section of relevant Wikipedia articles returns many great sources for research.

Hope this helps! Feel free to write back with any more questions and good luck with your experiment! :D
Stephanie Bie
cumulonimbus
Former Expert

Re: What to type into the search engine for my science fair project research/ background information ideas

Post by cumulonimbus »

Hi froyoyum!

Another search engine that might yield some good results is jstor. That has lots of research-type articles from reliable sources. I hope the project goes well!

Elena
froyoyum

Post by froyoyum »

Okay, thank you both very much. This helps very much.

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”