Science Fair Project Help

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

ReeReh

Science Fair Project Help

Post by ReeReh »

So I chose the project: Interactive Art: Build statues that come alive when they see you. I have all the materials and began following the instructions. I completed everything but the project does not work. I checked everything on the project and the troubleshooting guide. Can someone expert who already built this actually guide me step by step. Thank you.
jkarnes
Former Expert

Re: Science Fair Project Help

Post by jkarnes »

Hi ReeReh,

This is a tough request since you've provided little information about the problem. If you can be more specific than 'does not work' you might get a better, more focused answer. Dead batteries, open circuit, etc. could all be culprits.

As for a fix, the best approach (that students do not like to hear) is to completely disassemble the system and reassemble from step one. The insight and experience from your first attempt will make the second one better. This fix is usually faster for a system like this too.

-John
ReeReh

Re: Science Fair Project Help

Post by ReeReh »

I don't really know what is wrong with the project. Everything seems fine and my final build looks exactly like in the procedure. The first time I built it the servo motor only spins if I insert the circuit to the battery holder repeatedly. After that I dissembled everything to restart but the final build did not work at all. I tried again but nothing seems to work. If you have any advice let me know I really need it for my science fair but thanks for the reply.

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”