Research

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

0af13ef42c7145c3be105b3783236d20

Research

Post by 0af13ef42c7145c3be105b3783236d20 »

HI! I am having trouble figuring out how to do a research project. I'm doing a project about thermochromism and was wondering how to put it in a research project. I'm asking questions like: what do I leave out for a research project? How do I make my hypothesis?

Hoping to get an answer soon. Thanks!
norman40
Former Expert
Project Question: Volunteer
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Research

Post by norman40 »

Hi,

The “Project Guide” section of this site has some very useful information about how to put together a project. The Project Guide can be found here:

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... ience-fair

Does your research project include an experiment or is it limited to reporting on information about the your topic that you've read?

If your project is to research and prepare a report, you don't need a hypothesis since you won't be doing an experiment. But you will need a plan for organizing your research and preparing your report. Some guidelines for putting together a research paper are included in the “Doing Background Research” section of the Project Guide.

If your project includes an experiment you need a hypothesis. The project Guide includes additional information about hypotheses, experiments and analyzing data that you may find useful.

I hope this helps. Please ask again if you have more questions.

A. Norman

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”