Problems with BlueBot robot! HELP!

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

rosygc

Problems with BlueBot robot! HELP!

Post by rosygc »

Hi!

I need help with the blue bot 4 in 1 robotics kit.
I assembled the robot EXACTLY as described in the directions but the potentiometers don't seem to work.
The motors respond to any kind of light even after having set the potentiometers to the highest resistance.
It's like they're not doing anything at all. The only way the robot works as it should is if the room is dark. That's when it responds to my flashlight and follows it accordingly.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?
As I mentioned before, I have checked the wiring instructions a million times and it's exactly as it's supposed to be.

Thanks for any suggestions.
norman40
Former Expert
Project Question: Volunteer
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Problems with BlueBot robot! HELP!

Post by norman40 »

Hi rosygc,

I'm assuming that you're working on the project described here:

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... ot#summary

Based on your post it sounds like the robot works only when there's no ambient light (when the room is dark). The project procedure section describes an adjustment (step 3) for ambient light sensitivity. Did you try this? If this adjustment doesn't work you might try checking to see if light sensors work properly. There's a procedure for this in the help section of the project.

I hope this helps. Please ask again if you have more questions.

A. Norman
AmyCowen
Site Admin
Project Question: -
Project Due Date: -
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Problems with BlueBot robot! HELP!

Post by AmyCowen »

It is also possible that despite checking, there may be a small problem with the circuit. If you post a photo here, looking straight at your breadboard and as clear as possible, Experts can help check against the circuit in the project. If you have trouble posting the photo, you can email help@sciencebuddies.org with the photo.

Amy
Science Buddies

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”