Electric circuit related

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

VINAYDAHIYA

Electric circuit related

Post by VINAYDAHIYA »

Hello everyone, my daughter class 7 want to make a circuit for connecting it with alarm clock and a spring releasing mechanism to open a drawer on alarm timings, since it's her first project of this kind and I also know nothing about circuits. Can you please help me with some informations like a probable circuit diagram for which she is thriving a lot and how to go with this so that I could help her in any way. Thanks
jkarnes
Former Expert

Re: Electric circuit related

Post by jkarnes »

Hello,

A project like this might interest you, VINAYDAHIYA:

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... ader-alert

"Have you ever wished you could create an alarm system to guard your stuff? Or what about throwing a surprise party for someone and automatically playing music and flashing lights when they walk in the door?"

-John
LeungWilley
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Electric circuit related

Post by LeungWilley »

Hi Vinaydahiya,
Just out of curiosity, can you give us a little more detail about the alarm clock and the drawer that you are trying to open please? Specifically, is the alarm clock a digital clock or is it an analog version with springs / gears and battery? Depending on the mass of the drawer, you may be looking at some type of solenoid (relay coil) to try to move that mass.

At any rate, the typical circuit will consist of a source (probably some type of battery), then you will have the logic / control piece (the clock) which then drives an output (such as a solenoid to pull out the drawer). I am sorry that this is somewhat vague but I will need some additional information to help narrow this down.

Thanks!
Willey

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”