Water quantity measuring device

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

meganeerraj

Water quantity measuring device

Post by meganeerraj »

Hi sir/ma'am,

I am starting on a project about a device that can measure water quantity that my family consumes in a day, graph the results, and as well as communicate the results to a mobile. All I know is that IOT is involved. Can you help me on how to and where to start my project.

I also have time constrains as this project must be submitted on SEP 15 2018

Regards
Neerraj

:D
norman40
Former Expert
Project Question: Volunteer
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Water quantity measuring device

Post by norman40 »

Hi Neeraj,

From your description it sounds like the device you want has multiple components. And it might be possible to measure, graph and communicate water usage with a number of device designs. You might want to narrow the possibilities by further defining the device. For example, is the device fully automatic? Is the water meter connected to the main household water supply?

You could conduct some background research on water meters used to measure residential water consumption. Also you might gather some information about how data from water meters might be transmitted to a smartphone (or computer) and graphed.

The Science Buddies project guide section on background research may be helpful to you as it includes information about how to outline and start your research:

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... earch-plan

Also, there is a Science Buddies project on water consumption. It describes a manual method for testing water usage that you might modify for your project. And some background information is provided that may be useful:

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... er#summary

I hope this helps. Please ask again if you have more questions.

A. Norman
meganeerraj

Re: Water quantity measuring device

Post by meganeerraj »

hi sir

I appreciate your help

regards Neerraj
:)

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”