Hacking The Airgap Project

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Student1200

Hacking The Airgap Project

Post by Student1200 »

Hi! So, I'm doing the "Hacking The Air Gap" project and I'm a little confused on what to do.

I've chosen my Physical Quantity (light) and how to change it (screen brightness), I've decided how to measure it (With the google science journal light sensor) but now I'm confused with how I'm going to send a binary signal. For example, if I were to use the same example of changing fan speed except with light, would I need to do anything differently? Would I need to change numbers from 50-100 to something less obvious? And if I do change the values, would I just have to substitute 50 for the lower of my new values and vice versa? Thanks in advance! :D
LeungWilley
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Hacking The Airgap Project

Post by LeungWilley »

Hi Student1200,
The easiest way to order to control screen brightness is via the hotkey on your keyboard. Typically, it's a function key or key combination - please take a look at this link for examples in Windows. https://www.digitalcitizen.life/adjust- ... ss-windows

The different brightness level could represent 0 or 1, depending on how you assign them.

Please post again if you have any other questions.
Good Luck and Have Fun!
Willey

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”