Charting Data Table and Graph

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

mialiley

Charting Data Table and Graph

Post by mialiley »

Hi

This is my first time posting, so i hope i am doing this the right way.

my mom has been helping but i need to take the next part on my own. But i still need help. my project is about whether the type of salt will impact the ability of an egg to float. i used as my independent variables - table salt, sea salt and garlic salt. my dependent variable is the egg. what i noticed is that the type of salt did not make a difference. now that i am trying to chart my data, i am unclear on how to actually set it up so i can create the graph.

i attached my chart so you can see my results. i am not sure i am going in the right direction. my data shows the amount of water/solution with and without the egg. should i show my results as density and not the amount of water/solution?....i have to turn my table and graph in on monday.....and i have been stuck on this for 3 days now. please help me.

London
Attachments

[The extension xlsx has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

norman40
Former Expert
Project Question: Volunteer
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Charting Data Table and Graph

Post by norman40 »

Hi London,

I'm assuming that you're working on a variation of the project described here:

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... at#summary

Based on the information you posted, you might try making a bar chart showing the amount of solution displaced by the eggs. In the chart, the x-axis would represent the type of salt (table, sea and garlic). You could use different color bars for the salt concentrations. The y-axis would be the volume displaced by the egg. The displacement would the volume of solution with the egg minus the volume without the egg from your data table.

I hope this helps. Please ask again if you have more questions.

A. Norman

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”