Need quick help/due date approaching! Modifying Outdoor experiment to inside

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

boymom0f2

Need quick help/due date approaching! Modifying Outdoor experiment to inside

Post by boymom0f2 »

My son - a baseball fanatic - chose to do the experiment comparing wood and aluminum bats. He has done all the background research. However, due to an unlucky combination of constant bad/rainy weekends, illness and scheduling conflicts we are down to the wire and have yet to actually conduct the experiment. Of course, it is expected to SNOW this weekend! Is there a way to replicate this experiment indoors such as at a batting cage facility?
MeganB
Former Expert

Re: Need quick help/due date approaching! Modifying Outdoor experiment to inside

Post by MeganB »

Oh no! From the technical side of things, I don't see why the experiment couldn't be performed indoors. Maybe a big gymnasium would work if you can get it mostly to yourself? A batting cage could work, but I think usually they won't let you stand out where the balls are being hit for safety reasons (which you would need to do to mark how far the balls go). I hope you can figure something out! Good luck!

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”