Need help?

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

vobootha

Need help?

Post by vobootha »

Hii
I am doing the sintilating scents experiment for my sci fair. But there is a problem. I am on travels for vacation and when i come back to my home and do the experiment, the time takes too long and passes the deadine for conclusion. What can i do as i am stuck with this topic for this years sci fair and is there a way to make the procedure go faster.

Yours truly
norman40
Former Expert
Project Question: Volunteer
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Need help?

Post by norman40 »

Hi vobootha,

I'm assuming that you're working on the project described here:

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... ng-perfume

This project takes quite a while to complete due to the time necessary for the floral scent to transfer and the time required for the repeated testing. According to the procedure each trial of the experiment takes 4 days. If you completed 2 trials instead of 3 you could shorten the total time by 4 days. Or you could shorten each trial by making 3 observations instead of 4. This would make the duration of each trial 3 days.

My suggestion is to try to do the procedure as described. If this is not possible, then try to complete 2 trials instead of 3.

I hope this helps. Please ask again if you have more questions.

A. Norman

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”