Science Fair Project Name - Tap water quality

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Sha_Let

Science Fair Project Name - Tap water quality

Post by Sha_Let »

Can you help me too? My project is how different fast food restaurants tap water quality differs depending on their location. (High or low income)
bvionis
Student Expert

Re: Science Fair Project Name - Tap water quality

Post by bvionis »

Hello,

To assist you in developing a name for your science project, it would be helpful if you could clarify some of the key details of your experiment. For example, how/by what standard are you measuring the quality of the tap water? What is your variable (is it the location of the restaurants, the yearly sales average of each restaurant, etc.)? What are the primary constant factors (is the company of the restaurant a constant, or are you just picking any fast food company within a limited area)? From your question it seems to me as if you are measuring tap water quality across all kinds of fast food restaurants in a limited area and seeing if the restaurant's tap water quality has any relationship with the restaurant's sales, although I do not want to assume this is the case beforehand in case any titles I come up with end up being inaccurate or irrelevant.

Thanks,
bvionis
Sha_Let

Post by Sha_Let »

I made a few changes to my project idea so it might be easier for you to understand now. I am testing the lead content of water in different areas in Atlanta. I’m choose these areas based off the year they where built. (Before or afternoon lead paired where being used) Once I get my results on which areas water has the highest and lowest lead content I’ll see if there is a connection between the lead content and the economic class of the area.
bvionis
Student Expert

Post by bvionis »

Hello,

I apologize for the delayed response. I appreciate the clarification, but there still seem to be some inconsistencies in your project that are making it hard for me to understand exactly what question you are trying to answer. I see now that you are looking for a connection between the lead content and the economic class of the area, although at the same time you say you are choosing the areas based off the year they were built (rather than just choosing them based off their economic class). So I can know for sure what exactly to center the title around, can you please clarify where the date of the area's construction fits into this science fair project?

Thanks,
bvionis

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”