Sponge Absorption Project Sources (Peer Reviewed Articles)

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

51c6143c647f4e8ea0dcb5139e054b2a

Sponge Absorption Project Sources (Peer Reviewed Articles)

Post by 51c6143c647f4e8ea0dcb5139e054b2a »

I’m having trouble finding source for my science fair project. My teacher wants me to find peer reviewed articles for my sources. I haven’t been able to find anything for the sources yet. My teachers exact words were “All students will conduct internet research to locate journal articles from peer reviewed sources at .gov, .edu, sites. Additional accepted sources include: khanacademy.org, sciencebuddies.org, PhET.colorado.edu, scientificamerican.com, WHO.int, acs.com, iop.org, phys.org, home.cern“. I have check the sources they recommended and having found anything yet. Does anyone know any reputable sources that I can use for my project?
dcnick96
Former Expert

Re: Sponge Absorption Project Sources (Peer Reviewed Articles)

Post by dcnick96 »

Hello, and welcome to Science Buddies!

Please tell us a little more about your project, and hopefully we can make some recommendations for resources. Also, what have you tried to do so far? If you are googling, what key words are you using? What other methods have you tried to find resources?

Thanks!
51c6143c647f4e8ea0dcb5139e054b2a

Post by 51c6143c647f4e8ea0dcb5139e054b2a »

My project is about which kind of sponge is absorbs more water. Natural or Artificial. I have tried the website that my teacher listed and didn’t find much. I have been using things like sponge, artificial sponge, and synthetic sponge. I was recommended to use the word hydrophilic. So I will try that and see what I get from it.
dcnick96
Former Expert

Post by dcnick96 »

Cool project! Along the same lines as hydrophilic, I recommend you research how sponges absorb water. Also, natural v synthetic sponges will be made of different materiel. See what you can find on what materials absorb better and why. How would different synthetic materials compare to the natural fibers of a sponge?

Hopefully, this gives you a good start. Give it a shot and write back if you Have more questions.

Good luck!!!

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”