MOLDING BREAD.

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

footballfunatic8

MOLDING BREAD.

Post by footballfunatic8 »

so im molding white bread and wheat bread and ive been doing the experiment for 2 weeks and it is due tomorow and i had to have been doing it for at least 30 days.
so i need to know if white bread would mold more or if wheat bread would if it is kept in the dark and above 75 degrees and given one sixteenth cup of water every other day.
who ewver answers this is my best friend for LIFE.
HELP! im skrewed!!!
Craig_Bridge
Former Expert

Post by Craig_Bridge »

The whole purpose of doing scientific investigations is to learn. Ethics are part of science and learning them and following them is essential.

It is unethical to report the results of others as your own!

If it takes 30 days to run your experiment, why did you start it two weeks before it was due? Did you know it was going to take 30 days when you started? If so, then you should have asked two weeks ago if we could help you design an experiment that would answer your question in a shorter period of time!

All is not lost, you can evaluate what you have so far and write it up. Even well designed experiments aren't gauranteed to answer the scientific question they were attempting to answer.

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade, but do it yourself. Don't cheat and buy concentrate and pass it off as fresh squeezed!

BTW: various commercially baked breads have various preservatives in them that will retard mold growth so the answer to your question about two specific slices of bread can't be determined without actually doing the experiment.
-Craig

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”