Growing Lamps

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

JordanU740

Growing Lamps

Post by JordanU740 »

Hey guys! 8)
If I am gong to study Radish seed Germination will I need a growing light? I am only observing the sproting times of these Radish seeds. was wondering I would need a growing light, considering it's snowing here in Ohio. :roll:
Thanks!!
Jordan U!!! :roll:
MelissaB

Post by MelissaB »

Jordan,

I do not believe you will need a growing lamp if you are just looking at germination, BUT be warned that soil temperature can affect germination time. Unless you are studying this variable, you want to make sure you keep the pots in a warm room or at least keep them all at the same temperature. A growing lamp might help keep the soil a little warmer than just a regular light.

You might want to make sure the pots get at least some light; some seeds require light to germinate but for radishes I think just an ordinary lamp will work.

Hope this helps!
JordanU740

Post by JordanU740 »

Dear Mellisa
My science fair project will not concern soil. What I will be doing is cutting our peices of filler paper and lineing petri dishes with it. Then I will put the seeds between the two peices o filler paper. :wink:
Thank you
Jordan :roll:
Jordan U

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”